Comedian and car enthusiast Jay Leno will participate in the Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama Presented by Rad Air Complete Car Care and Tire Centers. Leno will appear at the show from noon to 2 p.m. on March 20. He’ll be making his rounds among the hundreds of show vehicles looking for his Big Dog Garage Pick of the Show. Leno will take the stage to announce his pick and emcee the opening of the Piston Powered Auto-Rama award presentations.
The show, scheduled for March 18-20 at the 2.2-million-square-foot I-X Center near Cleveland Hopkins Airport, is celebrating its 50 years in Cleveland with The Former Fifty and the Featured Fifty vehicles. The Former Fifty are past show cars displayed on Thunder Row as part of the 2016 Cruisin’ Times All Stars display.
Other attractions of the show include:
More than 1,000 street rods, muscle cars, street machines, and trucks, plus motorcycles, vintage aircraft, boats, and construction equipment.
- Pinstripers and custom pedal car auctions
- Car club displays with vintage gas station themes
- Hot Rod Asylum featuring hand-picked hot rods, custom vans, vintage trailers, and more
- Summit Racing Gold Cup Award for the outstanding first-time Auto-Rama entry-winner gets $5,000
- Checkered Flag Racing RC vehicle track
- Vietnam War tribute plus huge military vehicle display
- Warbirds military aircraft display
- Construction vehicle display and gravel pit play area for kids
- Monster trucks
- Swap meet and Vendor Alley
- Trophies and awards presented Saturday and Sunday