More than 3,000 automotive aftermarket professionals gathered on Nov. 2 during the SEMA Show for the industry’s preeminent awards ceremony, the SEMA Industry Awards Banquet, held at the Westgate Hotel in Las Vegas. The annual banquet is where automotive parts are set aside for a brief moment to allow innovators, leaders and legends to take center stage as they are honored and recognized for their contributions to the $42 billion industry.
The awards winners included:
- SEMA Person of the Year: John Johnson, The Spartan Group
- SEMA Manufacturer of the Year: MagnaFlow
- SEMA Rep Agency of the Year: Considine Sales & Marketing
- SEMA WD of the Year: Meyer Distributing
- SEMA Gen-III Innovator of the Year: Pete Gonzales, Darkside Scientific, creators of LumiLor Light Emitting Coating
“The people in this industry are driven by passion, and that’s what makes it so exciting and innovative,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “It’s great to be able to take some time during the SEMA Show to recognize and honor individuals who have made an especially important impact.”
Attendees of the 2017 awards banquet were treated to special entertainment by Jimmie Vaughn and the Tilt-A-Whirl band, featuring legendary musicians and car enthusiasts Jimmie Vaughn, Michael Anthony, and Billy F Gibbons.