The second event of the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge took place recently at the 50th Annual Summit I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama in Cleveland. Four teams raced the clock for their chance to qualify for the Dual National Championships held later this year at SEMA Show & PRI Show.
With a variance of just one and a half minutes in times, teams qualifying included Allstar Performance (23:28) from Lakeshore High School, Stevensville, Michigan; Vibrant Performance (24:29) of CD Hylton High School, Woodbridge, Virginia; and teams Be-Cool (24:32) and QA1 (25:05) of Elkhart Area Career Center Elkhart, Indiana.
Other stops on the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge 2016 Schedule include:
- Tarrant College Hot Rodders Qualifier: Fort Worth, TX; March 26, 2016
- Coker Tire Chattanooga Cruise-In: Chattanooga, TN; April 2, 2016
- Magnaflow Exhaust Event: Santa Margarita, CA; April 2, 2016
- Summit Racing Atlanta Motorama: Atlanta, GA; April 16-17, 2016
- UTI Pennsylvania Qualifier: Exton, PA; April 23, 2016
- Edelbrock Car Show: Torrance, CA; May 14, 2016
- Lane Automotive Car Show: Watervliet, MI; May 28, 2016
- UTI Northern CA Qualifier: Sacramento, CA; June 4, 2016
- 11th Annual NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing: Joliet, IL; July 30-31, 2016
- SEMA Show: Las Vegas, NV; November 1-4, 2016 (Dual National Championship)
- Performance Racing Industry: Indianapolis, IN; December 8-10, 2016 (Dual National Championship)
Hot Rodders of Tomorrow is a non-profit and S.T.E.M. program whose mission is to develop the future of today’s youth for the aftermarket racing, performance and automotive accessory industry. High school teams from across the United States compete against a clock to accurately tear-down and rebuild an engine; teaching them not only mechanical knowledge, but the ability to work together as a team. The organization has awarded over $15.5 Million in scholarship opportunities to deserving students. Learn more at HotRoddersofTomorrow.com
For additional information in starting a team or sponsorship opportunities, contact Rodney Bingham at [email protected].