Goodguys Rod and Custom Association will offer car show attendees the opportunity to ride with Pro AutoCross competitors on a specially-prepared closed performance AutoCross course during select events this year. Riders qualify to ride in exchange for a specified donation to the Austin Hatcher Foundation as a part of the “Autocross for Kids” program.
The AutoCross for Kids promotion will be held on Fridays and Sundays at select events.
Goodguys and The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer have partnered again in 2016 to raise funds and awareness for the Foundation’s mission to erase the effects of pediatric cancer for patients, survivors and their families.
Goodguys dates when AutoCross for Kids will be running include:
- Goodguys 7th Spring Nationals, March 4-6, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Goodguys 16th Meguiar’s Del Mar Nationals, April 1-3, Del Mar, California
- Goodguys 2nd North Carolina Nationals, April 15-17, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Goodguys 11th Nashville Nationals, May 13-15, Nashville, Tennessee
- Goodguys 19th PPG Nationals, July 8-10, Columbus, Ohio
- Goodguys 5th Nostalgia Nationals, October 14-16, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Goodguys also will offer association members and show attendees other opportunities to contribute to The Austin Hatcher Foundation, including the purchase of limited edition merchandise and through volunteering for some of the program’s initiatives.
During each event weekend, the Foundation also will partner with a local hospital to bring its innovative Diversionary Therapy program to children and families in the pediatric oncology units. The program is designed to help patients, survivors and their families enjoy leisure time by building and racing the Foundation’s pinewood derby cars, in the process offering a simple but effective diversion from the challenges presented by pediatric cancer. Goodguys will enhance the program by inviting members of the local hot rod community to participate and display collectable cars.