Shelby American is expanding its vehicle lineup for global customers by offering a Shelby GT version of the popular EcoBoost model 2015-2016 Ford Mustang. The new car will debut this fall, just after the Goodwood Revival kicks off the company’s official European debut.
“Ever since Ford announced that its terrific new Mustang would be available worldwide, requests for Shelby versions of the car have rolled in from across the globe,” said Joe Conway, co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American. “Since the majority of Mustangs that Ford offers in many of those countries will be the EcoBoost model, our team has been developing a Shelby GT model for the nimble new turbocharged four cylinder car, as well as the V8 powered GT. This package was specifically developed for the recently announced network of Shelby Mod Shops that will stretch from Europe to South Africa, China and Australia. They will add the Shelby package to a Ford Mustang that a customer has purchased in that area.”
Like the manual and automatic transmission 5.0-liter model Shelby GT, the EcoBoost version of the car is far more than stripes and a badge, according to Shelby American. The company spent significant time developing the car, putting it through extensive testing on the track. The car was refined with a Ford Performance handling pack upgrade, engine tune and a throatier Ford Performance exhaust. The result is over 335 horsepower on 91 octane fuel and significantly better handling.
“Shelby American has delivered a car that not only provides superior handling, it has smooth progressive power and great braking capabilities,” said Vince LaViolette, SAI lead designer and factory test driver. “Yet it doesn’t negate the EcoBoost’s outstanding fuel economy. And the car offers the aggressive styling of the new Shelby GT that enthusiasts demand.”
The $23,995 starting price (not including the base EcoBoost Mustang) includes performance upgrades to the suspension, a least 20 more horsepower, a new exhaust, bigger wheels and tires, according to Shelby American.
Aesthetically, the car will also share some of the treatments from the V8 version of the Shelby GT including a carbon fiber front splitter, hood, rear spoiler and rocker panel. A list of additional performance options are also available including even more aggressive brakes, stronger half shafts, more cooling, brake ducts, etc.
Shelby GT EcoBoost Key Features:
• SHELBY carbon fiber front splitter
• SHELBY carbon fiber hood
• SHELBY carbon fiber upper and lower grilles with SHELBY GT badge
• SHELBY carbon fiber spoiler
• SHELBY carbon fiber rocker panels
• “Powered by Ford” emblem
• SHELBY Rocker panel graphics
• SHELBY GT striping & badging kit including c-pillar, rear deck lid, faux gas cap and taillight panel
• SHELBY Registry CSM Serial Number Dash and Engine Plaques
• SHELBY embroidery in headrests
• SHELBY Logo Carpeted Floor Mats
• SHELBY logo lit door sills
• PedalMax, BoostMax,
• 20″ Venice WELD Racing wheels (9.5″x20) in 3 choices: Polished, Machined Black and Black.
• Michelin Pilot Sport 275-35zr20 Tires
• SHELBY Tuned BORLA Performance Exhaust
• SHELBY carbon fiber hood extension
• SHELBY carbon fiber mirror covers
• SHELBY 3-gauge dash pod with Boost, Fuel and Oil pressure gauges
• SHELBY Katzkin interior upgrade
• Roll cage
• Sparco race seats
• 5-point harness
• Convertible light bar
• Short throw shifter
• Ford Performance half-shafts
• Willwood 6-piston front brakes, 4-piston rear brakes
• 3:55 gears
• Brake duct kit
• Camber caster plates
• Adjustable rear tow rod