VOXX Electronics Corp. (VEC) has made its CarLink remote start product available for all cars in the aftermarket. When combined with a remote start system CarLink offers advanced convenience and security solutions, allowing a user access to their vehicle without the use of a transmitter, according to VEC.
CarLink, when paired with the VEC smartphone app, transforms a user’s smartphone into a virtual transmitter, instantly providing remote access to the vehicle and a direct connection to OE-style safety and convenience services, according to the company.
“Remote start as we know it today has remained unchanged for over 20 years, providing users with a simple and convenient way to heat up or cool down their vehicles with the use of a transmitter,” said Aron Demers, senior vice president of VEC. “The introduction of CarLink has reinvented what remote start systems can now do by transforming your smartphone into a virtual transmitter.”
Once CarLinkBT, a Bluetooth module (ASCLBT) is installed with a compatible remote start and/or factory keyless entry, the CarLinkBT Bluetooth Basic Service delivers access to the vehicle without the use of a transmitter, according to the company. CarLinkBT communicates with VEC’s smartphone app to lock/unlock and start your vehicle within Bluetooth range (approximately 75 to 100 feet).
Users also will have access to the CarLink Insurance Discount Program for potential money saving insurance discounts with up to 19 different insurance carriers, according to VEC. The CarLink Cellular (ASCL5) Basic Service optional upgrade is available to transform expand remote vehicle access from virtually anywhere in the world where there is cellular coverage.
Upgrading to the CarLink Cellular (ASCL5) Premium Service provides users with more safety and convenience features, according to VEC, including:
• E-Call Service—Gives 24/7 access to make a one-touch call a dedicated Emergency Response call center in the event of an emergency
• Roadside Assistance—Provides users with a dedicated Emergency Call Center running 24/7 to assist during any sort of breakdown
• Stolen Vehicle Assistance—Helps locate the user’s vehicle and shares its location with the local authorities to assist in vehicle recovery
• Driver Safety includes VEC’s driver distraction Text Blocking app to reduce texting and driving while vehicle is in motion; provides ability to setup up to five Geo-Fences sending alerts when a vehicle enters or exits pre-determined zones
• Speed Alerts sending a notification if the vehicle should exceed a predetermined speed threshold
• Location Services—Includes On-Demand Vehicle Location to notify of real-time vehicle location, as well as access to Trip Maps to view the path vehicle has traveled when enabled
• Driver Scoring—Provides reports to help improve driving habits and assist in driver coaching
The CarLinkBT module will now also be included with VEC’s recently introduced Prestige PROCORE remote start system. The PROCORE is a “one-module” solution allowing dealers to build any style of remote start by focusing on customized features based on what is most important to their customers, without stocking multiple complete kits, according to VEC.
For more information about CarLink please visit www.voxxelectronics.com.
For more information on becoming a VOXX Electronics Dealer, visit www.voxxelectronics.com/become-dealer.