Wrap Like a King is a competition for professional vehicle wrap installers to demonstrate their skills by creating unique, well-installed car wraps with Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film between April 1 and Sept. 15. Submissions entered in the Challenge will be considered for the Judge’s Award and the Fan Favorite Award, which will be announced on Oct. 13.
Ara Hakobyan from North Hollywood, Calif.-based Diamond Black Exteriors was named the grand-prize winner of Avery Dennison’s “Wrap Like a King” Challenge last year. For the competition he wrapped a new Mercedes-Benz SLS63 AMG in Ultra Matte Red Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film.
“The number of wrap projects and the quality of the installations we received in 2013 impressed everyone involved in the Challenge,” said Erin Harmon, North America segment manage of, Graphics Solutions at Avery Dennison. “Since the Challenge ended in 2013, more than 20 new colors and finishes, including satin, pearlescent and new chrome colors have been added to the Supreme Wrapping Film line, with more to come. We’re excited to see what the wrap community will do with these new films for the 2014 Wrap Like a King Challenge.”
After all submissions are entered by the Sept. 15 deadline, seven professional judges will choose the top 32 car wraps to move to the next round for a chance to win the two grand prize packages, which include a trip to the 2014 SEMA Show.
The Judge’s Choice Award will be chosen by the judge’s panel, while car enthusiasts and fans of the competition will choose the Fan Favorite Award winner from the 32 top wraps through four rounds of public voting that begins Sept. 19 at www.wraplikeaking.com. Visit the website for official contest rules and regulations, and more information about the contest, judges and prizes.
Judges for the competition include:
- Ryan Friedlinghaus, founder and CEO of West Coast Customs;
- Kevin Putnam, lead designer and social media manager at West Coast Customs;
- Justin Pate, leader of Avery Dennison hands-on car wrapping workshops and certification program in North America;
- Paul Roba, North America technical manager for Avery Dennison;
- Dan Marx, vice president of markets and technologies for the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA);
- James “Ruggs” Kochevar, publisher of SIGN & Digital Graphics and WRAPS magazines;
- Frank DeFeo, national sales director of Croftgate USA.