*Click below to view the clickable photo gallery.
Auctions America’s flagship Auburn Fall Collector Car Weekend launches Sept. 2-6 at the historic Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana. Held in conjunction with the famed Auburn Cord Duesenberg (ACD) Festival, the Auburn Fall weekend is a Labor Day tradition spanning 45 years.
This year’s event will see some 1,000 quality collector cars along with select memorabilia hit the auction block starting Sept. 3, according to Auctions America. Vehicles on display include classic-era Auburns, Cords, and Duesenbergs, and modern performance cars, such as the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.
As a special highlight of this year’s event, Auctions America will offer a 1994 Chevrolet Impala SS during the sale session on Sept. 6. Proceeds from the sale, including the buyer’s donation, will benefit the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum in Auburn. Presented in black with gray interior, the Impala SS is equipped with bucket seats and automatic transmission, along with a host of modern conveniences.
“With one of our most diverse auction lineups to date and an exciting range of other automotive-themed activities scheduled, the weekend certainly offers something for everyone” says Megan Boyd, car specialist for Auctions America.
Other special activities during the Auburn Fall Collector Car Weekend include:
- Professional freestyle sport bike shows featuring riders Kyle Sliger and Jesse Toler;
- Roush Fenway Racing’s interactive Ultimate Race Fan Experience-a mobile display hauler showcasing various elements of a race team-will be onsite along with NASCAR racing simulators, and tire changing units where fans can test their speed as tire changers;
- Hendrick Motorsports will showcase NASCAR race cars driven by Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jimmie Johnson, as well as Jeff Gordon’s famous No. 24, which is scheduled to cross the block on Sept. 6.
- Ryan Hurst, better known as Opie from the TV series Sons of Anarchy, is set to make an appearance with autograph sessions scheduled Sept. 5 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Sept. 6 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The return of Wendell, Auctions America’s very own life-size mechanical elephant, which weighs in at a massive 1,400 pounds and measures 12-feet long and 8-feet 6-inches high, as well as monster truck shows and rides and onsite helicopter rides providing a bird’s eye view of the 235-acre Auburn Auction Park.