The contest has been an opportunity for installers to demonstrate their skills and compete against industry peers, with qualified judges and public votes deciding installers’ fates each round.
Finalists were selected from a combination of public vote and expert judging through three knock-out rounds. William Chaney of Tidal Wave Graphics and Steve Hargittai of Florida Car Wrap will receive an all-expense-paid trip to the 2014 SEMA Show to compete in a head-to-head battle on Thursday, Nov. 6 in the 3M booth 12145. During the final round, Chaney and Hargittai will direct 3M Preferred Graphics Installers in one final wrap challenge live on the SEMA Show floor. A panel of seven judgeswill crown the champion, including:
• Rutledge Wood, co-host of “Top Gear,” History Channel
• Jessi Combs, Host of “All Girls Garage,” Velocity Channel (Discovery Networks)
• Mike Forsythe, Vossen Wheels
• David Zuckerberg, Rides Magazine
• Rafael Navarro, Pirelli Tires
• Phil Acquin, Knifeless Tech Systems
• Adam Sumner, 3M authorized installation trainer
“We’ve been blown away with the quality and artistry of the entries throughout each round. The wraps that have been submitted truly showcase the talent and passion of these installers,” said Doug Blackwell, marketing development manager. “Both Chaney and Hargittai really impressed the judges, their peers and the public. I’m excited for what will be a battle of epic proportions.”
Vossen Wheels, Pirelli Tires, Knifeless Tech Systems and 3M Auto Care are supporting partners.