Founded in 1915, Egge Machine Co. uniquely continues to be a family-owned enterprise. The piston manufacturer that specializes in vintage engine applications from the early 1900s to 1980, operating out of a state-of-the-art foundry and machine shop in its Santa Fe Springs, California facility.
Egge Machine Co.’s family legacy started in in 1915 when it was founded by Edward N. Egge in Plainview, Texas. In 1923, the company relocated to downtown Los Angeles and began servicing the ever-growing population of cars.
In the 1940s Egge’s son, Nels, began designing, building, and utilizing steel molds in conjunction with the sand casting operations to meet the expanding demand for quality automotive pistons. In 1972, the family tradition continued with Nels son, Robert Egge, who moved the company to its present location in Santa Fe Springs.
Egge Machine today continues to be a major source of vintage engine components as it prepares the fourth generation to play a major part in taking the company forward. Robert’s son, Daniel, is a key player in the manufacturing process and soon will work his way into operations management.
The company’s current location encompasses several buildings totaling 50,000 square feet of manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, sales, and showroom space. Its menu of services has expanded even further to include valve and guide manufacturing; oil, fuel, and water-pump remanufacturing; babbitt bearing and align bore services; engine restoration and machining work.