Major Carmakers Preview What’s in Store for SEMA
October 27, 2016
*See images in the photo gallery below
During the past two weeks, THE SHOP Magazine has previewed the project vehicles being featured in the Ford Motor Co. booth. The series continues today with information about what to expect in the Hyundai, Mopar and Mazda booths.
Hyundai Veloster Concept
Hyundai Motor America and Gurnade Inc. combined talents to develop the race-ready Gurnade Veloster Concept for the Nov. 1-4 SEMA show. The Gurnade Veloster Concept takes the fundamentally-aggressive stance of the Veloster and magnifies it further with integrated flares, front splitter, racing canards, three-piece lightweight forged wheels and a custom rear spoiler.
Key modifications include:
- 845 Motorsports intercooler, downpipe and cold-air intake
- 845 Motorsports ECU tune
- Synapse blow-off valve
- ARK Performance cat-back exhaust
- NEO Motorsports coil-overs and six-piston big brake kit
- Pierce Motorsports strut bar, rear torsion bar, and tie brace
- Rotiform 19-inch OZT three-piece forged wheels
- Toyo competition-spec tires
- PPG Refinish Magic Magenta paint
- Lightner Motorsports custom fender flares and grille
- EPR carbon-fiber front spoiler, side sills, and rear garnish
- Seibon carbon-fiber hood and hatch
- ARK Performance carbon-fiber spoiler
- Tippett Auto Design vented bumper cover
- Cappelletti Design custom headlamps and foglamps
- Front crash bar
- InShane Design paint protection
- Cobra Nogaro racing seats
- Takata racing harnesses
- Pierce Motorsports roll cage
- Glowshift gauges and LEDGlow lighting
- SoCal Garage Works carbon-fiber steering wheel
- Phoenix Gold subwoofer and amplifier with Stinger audio system wiring
- Creative Car-Tunes audio system
Hyundai ARK Road Racer Elantra Concept
Hyundai Motor America and ARK Performance have partnered again for the SEMA show, creating the ARK Road Racer Elantra Concept. The ARK Elantra Concept takes the practical yet sporty lines of the Elantra sedan and infuses it with an alternate persona, with integrated flares, bulging forged racing wheels and custom new front and rear fascia designs for an aggressive yet fully-integrated appearance.
Key modifications to the ARK Road Racer Elantra Concept include:
- Custom ARK turbo kit using Xcargot XT26 turbocharger
- ARK downpipe and GRiP exhaust system
- Turbosmart blow-off valve and wastegate
- ARK DT-P coil-over system
- ARK front strut tower bar
- ARK front and rear performance anti-roll bars
- ARK front big brake kit
- Nitto Tire NT05 summer tires
- ARK Solus wide body kit
- ARK lightweight forged wheels
- Fiere Customs full vinyl wrap
- APR Performance front splitter
- Custom diamond-stitched interior
- Custom sport steering wheel by ARK
Mopar Teaser Sketches
Mopar has unleashed several teaser sketches of the brand’s modified SEMA rides waiting to be displayed at the show. See the images in the photo gallery above.
Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram vehicles, re-imagined with Mopar production and concept parts and accessories, will share the stage with hundreds of Mopar products on display at the show.
Fourteen FCA vehicles will spread out over the 15,345-square-foot Mopar exhibit ath the SEMA Show.
The annual Mopar press event, a tradition at SEMA, will take place at 4:26 p.m. on Nov. 1. A live webcast of the press event will be available at https://livestream.com/FCALive/MoparSEMA2016.
Mazda MX-5 Cocepts
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) is offering a glimpse of its concept cars ahead of their formal debut at the Nov. 1-4 SEMA Show. Borrowing style and speed from the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup race car, as well as elevating Mazda’s iconic and lightweight sports car with premium details, are the MX-5 Speedster and MX-5 RF Kuro concepts.
After debuting the Global MX-5 Cup race car at the 2014 SEMA Show, Mazda first introduced the MX-5 Speedster to the world at the 2015 SEMA Show, taking the base car’s lightweight ethos to a new level.
For this year’s show, Mazda’s design team took a big step forward, creating the Evolution, painted White Ether, taking the concept a step further with more than 100-pounds removed from last year. Now just under 2,000 pounds, MX-5 Speedster Evolution is approximately 350-pounds lighter than a stock MX-5 soft top.
Mazda also is displaying the MX-5 RF Kuro concept, based on the 2017 MX-5 Retractable Fastback that will be on sale early next year. MX-5 RF Kuro is painted in a semi-matte metallic concept color developed in-house called “Kuro”, which means “charcoal” in Japanese. It rides on 17—7.5-inch RAYS forged wheels, 215/45R17 BFGoodrich Rival G-Force tires and the adjustable suspension from the Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
Both concepts were conceived by Mazda Design Americas to showcase contrasting directions that create a “Mazda Premium” experience while paying homage to Mazda’s performance heritage. They were designed and built in-house by Mazda’s Design team in Irvine, California.
Expanding on a relationship that was rekindled in 2018, Forgeline Motorsports…READ MORE