Skip to content
- The Sport Compact market includes Japanese, European and American models.
- The market is driven by enthusiasts who love their vehicles-and spend money on engines, bodies and suspensions.
- The Sport Compact market is a young, but knowledgeable group.
- Can benefit from mature “gearhead” experience.
- New opportunities provide foundation for the future.
- Popular motor sports driven by local shops and online communities take place on a regular basis:
- Drag racing
- Time attack
- Regional racing
Sport Compact Performance Trends
- The market is becoming less about looks, more about true performance.
- Sport compacts are influenced by street as well as a racing performance.
- The market is becoming more knowledgeable to all aspects of modifying a vehicle.
Sports Compact Parts
- Sport compact aftermarket products are in high demand; the entire car is a potential profit center.
- Knowledge and installation skills are important.
- Wheels and tires are the most popular upgrades, followed by cold-air intakes, headers, exhaust and turbochargers.
- Turbo influence leads to other upgrades.
- Wideband air/fuel ratio
- Fuel pressure, oil pressure and oil temperature gauges
- Electronic tuning products
- Data loggers
- Boost controllers
- Air/fuel ratio meters
- Nitrous oxide systems
- Thermal tuning
- Heat protection
- Acoustical products
- Chemical products
Sports Compact Technology Drives Design
- The sport compact market segment was among the first to embrace the latest advancements in tuning and ECU technology.
- Technological innovation is the rule, not the exception.Tuners are likely to purchase instruments with advanced feature sets.
- Future of sport compacts will incorporate new technologies as standard equipment.
Sports Compact Scene Is Green
- Efficiency and green thinking are part of the speed equation.
- More concern about fuel mileage.
- CAFE standards become more stringent.
- Car manufacturers are producing more desirable compacts.
- A more passionate market wants to lessen its environmental impact.
- Energy-conscious society demands changes, which makes the sport compact future very promising.
- Market has the potential to grow tremendously.
- High-tech parts will redefine compact performance.
Sports Compact Numbers
- A young, enthusiastic customer base is buying parts, going to shows, and building custom vehicles.
- The market encompasses a wide range of new vehicles:
- Mitsubishi Evo
- Subaru WRX STI
- Nissan Z and Infiniti G
- The market encompasses older, but still well-performing cars:
- Mazda RX-7
- BMW 3-Series
- VW GTI
- Hondas and Acuras that helped build the movemen
- Customer base is ready to start spending.