Twelve of the 40 cars that will be display at the 2011 Hotrod & Restoration Trade Show will compete for the “Local 12” People’s Choice Award.
The 12 vehicles in the running for the award all represent car clubs and shops from the Indianapolis area.
“This trade show offers these clubs and shops the unique opportunity to display their vehicles next to some of the most well-known builders and icons in our industry,” said Eric Saltrick of Steele Rubber Products, which sponsors the vehicle display.
The hot rod website www.suede-and-chrome.com will be conducting an online poll that will enable rodders to vote for the vehicle that they would like to take home the People’s Choice Award.
The 12 vehicles eligible for the “Local 12” award are:
- 1925 Ford C-Cab Delivery – Scott Stemen (Noblesville, IN)
- 1928 Ford Tudor – Dave Irwin (Indianapolis)
- 1937 Ford Coupe – Don Stroub (Indianapolis)
- 1939 Ford Coupe – Perry Probst (Louisville, KY)
- 1939 Ford Crown Standard – Micky Heflin (Benton, KY)
- 1948 Divco Truck – Richard Troxell (Franklin, IN)
- 1948 Chevy Sedan – Jack Skaggs (Indianapolis)
- 1955 Chevy Gasser – John Cooper (Indianapolis)
- 1955 Buick Special – Eric Barth (Leesburg, IN)
- 1962 Pontiac Bonneville – Jeff King (Whitestown, IN)
- 1967 Ford Mustang – Randy Walker (Fairland, IN)
- 1968 Chevy Camaro – Jeff Dickerson (Indianapolis)
The winner will be announced on Friday, March 18 at the Industry Reception. To vote for the “Local 12” People’s Choice Award, go to http://www.suede-and-chrome.com/.