Several clients had an Olympic Theme for their events this year. The presentations I crafted incorporated the theme and included this list of similarities between an Olympic athlete and a dynamic business professional. Read them and join me in making it a list of 25.
1. Must be disciplined, dedicated and committed to win;
2. Extensive training / coaching required;
3. Must excel as an individual and also team member;
4. Must know strengths and weaknesses;
5. Can perform under tense or adverse conditions;
6. Must sustain high levels of energy physically and
7. Must be agile and flexible;
8. Must push themselves to the limit to excel and win;
9. Must be in top physical and mental condition;
10. Thinks and acts like a champion;
11. Organized and disciplined;
13. Loves to compete;
14. Never forgets the thrill of winning;
15. Believes they can win;
16. Uses visualization – Visualizes the win;
17. Possesses “mental toughness” / emotional intelligence;
18. Meets their challenges head on;
20. Eats healthy and has healthy habits;
21. Develop habits, rituals, and routines that work;
22. Proud of their country, even if they are frustrated with
the inability of their government to work together as a
team for the betterment of their country.
What else should be on this list?
The one difference between your life, and that of an Olympic athlete, and I do hope you do have is that some of the younger athletes in training do not have a personal life. They sacrifice a great deal to achieve their dream. Hopefully, you have a personal life, and your dream is to have a great life and make a difference in the lives of others. Join us in making it a list of 25 on my Facebook Business page and be the first to “Like” the article.
Photo courtesy of the International Olympic Commitee.