The Team from Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has created the most powerful production series Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE, the Hennessey Resurrection, which was unveiled at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday.
To top the Exorcist, the company’s 1000 hp ZL1 Camaro, HPE removed the ZL1’s 650 hp supercharged LT4 engine and replaced it with the 755 hp LT5 engine from the Corvette ZR1. The Hennessey Team then further tuned the LT5 to increase power to 1200 hp at 6800 rpm.
“Our team has been waiting to offer a more powerful version of the Exorcist. We’ve built several 1200 horsepower C7 ZR1 Corvettes, so we knew we could deliver this same power level in the ZL1 1LE, but we just needed a cool name to fit the car,” said company founder John Hennessey. “The Resurrection seemed to be the perfect evolution of the Exorcist, which was a name that was ultimately inspired by the Dodge Demon.”
The team from Hennessey increases the power of the supercharged LT5 V8 engine from 755 to 1200 bhp by increasing airflow through the engine and includes: High-flow air induction system, CNC billet throttle body upgrade, CNC ported factory 2.65L supercharger with a larger intercooler system, custom carbon fiber hood with increased clearance, CNC ported factory cylinder heads, camshaft and valvetrain upgrades, 1 7/8 inch long-tube stainless steel headers with high-flow catalytic converters, fuel system upgrade, engine management recalibration and chassis dyno tuning. 6-speed equipped vehicles will receive a Centerforce clutch and flywheel upgrade. 10-speed automatic transmission equipped vehicles will receive upgraded clutch packs and torque converter.
Production of the Resurrection will be limited to just 24 examples.
The Resurrection ZL1 1LE Camaro Specifications
- 1200 bhp @ 6,800 rpm
- 1000 lb-ft torque @ 4,500 rpm
- 0-60 mph: < 2.3 sec.
- 1/4 mile: < 9.3 sec. @ 150 mph
- Top speed: 220+ mph
- LT5 Supercharged V8 Engine
- High-flow Air Induction System
- High-flow 112 mm CNC billet Aluminum Throttle Body Upgrade
- CNC ported LT5 2.65L Supercharger
- Carbon Fiber Hood with Increased Clearance
- Upgraded Supercharger Pullies & Belt
- Upgraded Fuel System
- Custom HPE Camshaft
- CNC Ported LT5 Cylinder Heads
- Upgraded Valve Springs and Retainers
- Upgraded Intake valves & Exhaust Valves
- Upgraded Pushrods
- High Flow Intercooling System
- Intercooler Heat Exchanger Upgrade
- Long-tube Stainless Steel Headers
- Stainless Steel Midpipes
- High Flow Catalytic Converters
- All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
- Professional Installation
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
- Hennessey & RESURRECTION Graphics Package