- A dynamometer investment will help a performance shop gain more market share.
- A dynamometer adds credibility.
- Gives serious shops advanced tuning capabilities;
- Enables shops to quantify power gains.
Dynamometer prices have remained stable.
- Related equipment costs have also remained stable or gone down.
- Attractive finance rates are available.
Dynamometers are available in a variety of configurations for a variety of vehicle types:
- Test cells.
Understanding dynamometer needs and expectations:
- For some shops, the choice is related to the market and customer base.
- A versatile, expandable dyno may be necessary for shops with a diverse customer base.
Return On Investment
- ROI: First-time buyers often experience a significant amount of new business.
- A dyno should be a profit center.
Dyno ownership and overall business plan involves:
- Evaluation of upfront price vs. long-term cost of ownership and long-term effects of ownership.
- Physical installation and set-up;
- Business adjustments to take full advantage of the equipment.
- Knowledgeable employees:
- The most important step is training;
- Employees must understand equipment and all the variables;
- Most major dyno suppliers offer training to help employees get up to speed.
Marketing Dyno Services
- Incorporate into the business plan;
- Offer services to shops and race teams;
- Use the dyno as a showpiece;
- Host Customer Events
- Open house or customer appreciation day;
- Dyno Day for local dealerships and car clubs
- Create tune packages incorporating dyno testing
- Free dyno runs with select purchases.