*See the clickable photo gallery below this article.
Tim Grachen is principal owner of OrangeCountyTrucks, a marketing firm focusing on promoting and building project vehicles.
The Silver Bullet build came together two years ago when I was approached by GoRhino Products. After attending my first SEMA Show in 2013, it became a goal of mine to make it back to the show, but in a bigger and better way.
I ended up back at the Sema Show in 2014 with the same truck, bigger and better than what it was in 2013, just as I had wanted. When the 2014 Sema Show was over, I was given the opportunity to build a fully-built off-road, long-travel truck, which had been a dream of mine for years. So, I took the opportunity I was given and ran with it.
The truck of choice was a 2008 Toyota Tundra. The purpose of this build was to build something that fits my needs and wants. In previous years, I built the truck to please the public and viewers’ eyes.
I dropped the Tundra off at NBQ Motorsports to have the front suspension and 2014 conversion completed first.
Once the truck was finished up at NBQ Motorsports, it was taken to OC Wraps to get the 3M Satin white aluminum wrap installed, along with the Fatal Clothing side graphics.
Once that was done, I took it back a month later and had the bed cage, light rack, rear bumper built. I also installed the rear suspension installed. During all this madness, Roadwire had installed a brand-new medium, red leather interior. I also had the headliner, steering wheel, doors and carpet redone to match the medium red interior.
The truck was ready for its DUB LFTD LVLD photoshoot.
I still plan on adding a fuel cell and fire extinguisher to complete the build.
Plans with the truck now are to attend multiple shows, including the LGE CTS open house, Sand Sports Show, Off-Road Expo, and the 2015 SEMA Show.
- Camburg Long travel suspension
- Fox 8” DSC 2.5 coil overs, 8” 2.5 piggyback triple bypasses, & 2.5 bump stops in front
- Atlas SU1 spring under leaf packs
- Fox 16” 3.0 piggyback triple bypasses & 2.5 bump stops in rear
- 17×8.5 BMF DRT Pro Series wheels, satin black with holes painted satin silver
- 37×12.5×17 General Grabber Tires with two spares in bed rack
- McNeil Racing 2014 Conversion Fiberglass fender flares
- RkSport Ram air hood
- NFab Radius front bumper with three 11.5” Vision X XPR light bars
- NFab rock rails
- NBQ Motorsports custom-made chase rack, holding six 6.7 Vision X Cannons
- Axis Rod ends on swivel rack
- NBQ Motorsports custom-made bed cage, holding two spares, a Pro Eagle jack, and two gas cans
- NBQ Motorsports custom-made rear bumper
- Rhino Linings liner in the truck bed and inside the fender wells
- Mac’s Tie Downs to hold spare tires
- Undercover swing cases
- Spyder Auto headlights and tail lights
- Royalty Core RCX custom-made grille with two 11.5” Vision X XPI light bars
- VLEDs license plate reverse plate frame and license plate LEDs
- Gibson Metal Mulisha cat back exhaust
- Doug Thorley short tube headers
- R1Concepts Premier drilled and slotted front and rear rotors with posi-quiet pads
- S&B Filters cold air intake
- BOLT tow hitch lock, pad locks, and cable locks
- Odyssey Extreme Series batteries
- sPod electric lighting source
- Nitro Gear 4.88 gears
- Auburn Gear posi
- 3M Graphics Satin White Aluminum wrap with 3M Film Series 1080 Glass Black roof and hood wrap, with Fatal Clothing 3M printed gloss graphics installed by OC Wraps
- Scrubblade premium wiper blades
- Fastway Trailer Products Flash 6” drop hitch
- CCRSport Pro Track bed rails
- US Speedo stainless steel gauges with white numbers
- LED swap interior gauges
- VLED LED interior swap
- Roadwire custom leather dark red seats with black diamond stitching
- Roadwire heated front seats
- Roadwire custom-wrapped center console
- Roadwire custom leather stitched headliner and pillars
- Custom-wrapped shifter knob
- Custom-wrapped steering wheel
- The Dip Master hydrodipped black wood grain interior accessory pieces
- Rugged Ridge black floor liners
- Bullydog GT T+ tuner monitor
- sPod Source switch panel
- Rosen factory-look Piranha navigation
- Rosen 7” TV headrests
- Exile Javelin five-channel amp
- Kicker four Q Series 6.5” components
- Kicker two Solobaric 8” L7 subs
- Taco Tunes custom-made box